June 10, 2020
Dear St Georgians,
“I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation (including a virus), will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord “-Romans 8: 38-39.
We have come to the other side of the COVID-19 virus shelter in-place conditions. As Burleigh county’s new cases of COVID-19 since May 26th have been extremely low and we are now in the Green (Low) Risk Level under Governor Burgum’s North Dakota Smart Restart Plan we can begin to reopen for in-person gatherings, i.e., worship services.
Therefore, last evening during our regularly-scheduled meeting your Vestry voted to reopen St. George’s building for in-person public worship effective June 21st – Fathers’ Day. It was also determined that the Wednesday evening service will be put on hold until the Fall, at which time we will reassess all our protocols. This reopening has its certain conditions and has a phased in approach. Please refer to the attached protocols for the details. Briefly:
- stay at home if you are ill or afraid of getting out;
- everyone who attends a gathering at St George’s must wear a mask-available in the narthex for your convenience;
- hand sanitizer will be available and handwashing will be strongly encouraged;
- Bibles, Prayer Books and Hymnals have been removed, printed worship booklets will be distributed;
- social distancing of >6′ will be observed at all times;
- every other row of pews will be closed and not available for use;
- we will partake of “spiritual communion” and not physically receive the body and blood of Christ;
- the building will be thoroughly cleaned before reopening and each Friday.
These are just a few of the protocols which will be in effect on June 21st. I look forward to seeing you for our Holy Eucharist liturgies.
Grace and peace,